Friday, May 24, 2013

So Exited!

Last night I got to meet G for the first time via Skype.  We were both kind of shy at first because this is all so new to the both of us.  G as you recall is the girl from Thailand.  She is so cute and I can't wait for her visit.  We've communicated a little through email a couple of days ago, and her English in writing is very good.  However, speaking to one another was a bit of a challenge.  She admits she writes better in English than she can speak, but I encouraged her to keep working on it.  Right now, it may be a little frustrating, but I believe when she is living here with us, it will gradually become easier for her.

We video chatted for two hours. Thailand is ahead of us by 12 hours.  It was 10:00 in the evening for me and she had just woken up for the day a couple of hours prior to our chat.  How amazing that she was already living in Friday and I was still living in Thursday.  She had the day off from school today so that is why we were able to chat last night. Otherwise, we would only be able to chat in her evening, my morning.  DH was able to make an appearance towards the end of our conversation.  He gets home around midnight and she had to get going to eat lunch.

So after our conversation we are sooo super excited for her visit.  She even offered to call us mom and dad.  That lifted my spirits and was a pleasant surprise.

Next step is getting in touch with S who lives in Germany.  She is supposed to initiate contact so we are waiting on her.

In July and beginning of August, we will start school registration process.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment