DH and I went in for our first US. I Was A Nervous wreck and thought I may possible throw up on myself. I still felt pregnant and even still getting my occasional twinges of pain in my abdomen, but I guess I still feared the worse. So we show up and the waiting room is full. "Great!" I think sarcastically. We ended up waiting nearly an hour and not only am I nervous, but I'm also anxious because I'm worried about being late for work.
We finally get called in and they send me in for blood work first. Same old, same old. Then I go into the exam room where I undress and wait. I tell hubby how nervous I am and hold his hand. The nurse comes in and she too asks if I'm nervous...I guess it shows. "Very", I tell her. She goes on to explain what they are looking for today... a yolk sac....anything else is bonus.
So up goes the wand and we all turn towards the screen... Searching... Searching. "Ok, so see this black circle? That's the yolk sac. I see one..." The nurse says. She moves around a little. "Is that another one?" DH blurts out. WHAT, the WHAT? "Um, it looks like one. Let me see." the nurse responds. We both hold our breath. "Yep, sure looks like it. Two yolk sacs." She smiles at us.
TWINS?!
Are you serious?!
TWINS?!
Shut the front door! You've got to be kidding me. DH is squeezing my hand and smiling. I am in shock... Speechless. I finally say "Two yolk sacs, means two babies, right? I mean, I know its still really early and we should be cautious." "Yes" the nurse nods. She goes on to explain the test of the monitoring protocol. Twice a week until week 12 then we will "graduate" to an OB for prenatal care.

No comments:
Post a Comment