Monday, August 5, 2013

BEDA #4

I'm at work this morning, 5 minutes late but who's counting.  I kind of wish I'd taken the day off.  There's really nothing for me to do here today.  I'm contracted to do a particular type of testing and they schedule me to be here at the hospital every Monday.  Well today I'm here and though there are patients that need testing, there is no doctor here to sign off on the tests.  Therefore, I can't test today.  So I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs.  This is getting really old.  I mean sure some people would say "I'd love to get paid to sit around and do nothing", and I do enjoy it.... to an extent.  But I'm that type of person who needs to stay busy and feel like I've earned my pay.  I kind of feel like when I'm here and not testing, everyone in my department notices.  But it's out of my hands, it's up to the hospital to hire more doctors in my specialty.  Plus the days drag on and on when I'm not testing.  I haven't even been here an hour and I'm bored out of my mind... and I've got 7 more hours of this bullsh*t left today.

On days that I'm not testing, I try to take advantage of learning new skills, so I try and shadow other techs to learn about other testing.  Most of the techs here in this department are pretty cool and willing to help train you.  Plus there are students that come in a couple times a week from the local college, so the techs are used to it.  Today the students are here and I understand they have 1st priority.  However there is one tech here without a student and when I ask if I can work with her today, she gives every excuse under the sun to keep me away.  I understand "No" the first time, don't keep rubbing it in.  So I'm stuck here in my "room" (which is basically a storage closet) trying to keep busy... which right now means writing this blog.  I pulled out a couple if books so that I can try to study today, but I have a short attention span so we'll see how long that lasts.

This is starting to get real old, and I dunno how much longer I can do this.  I've given myself 6 more months to see if things change.  If not, I'm ready to turn in my resignation letter.

Mood: frustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment