So as 2013 comes near the end, I can't say that we've had any life-changing events. In fact it was pretty unremarkable... except for the whole foreign student exchange thing.
And what's up with that you ask? Well it's a pretty long story, but to sum it up, both girls have been placed with new host families. Due to a combination of different personalities, different lifestyles, and different interests everyone at home was a little unhappy and frustrated with each other. Girls were with us only two and a half months, but we did learn a lot during that time.
1. We are never doing it again... lol.
2. Fostering is out of the question
3. I learned I really enjoy cooking
4. I miss the gym... really
5. I miss my "ME" time
6. I took sleeping sans clothing for granted
7. I really have a threshold for pleasing people
8. DH needs to change his hours if we are to ever have kids of our own
9. I really love my furbabies
10. .... and this was a big one... I don't think we are ready to be parents
Yes, I know... is anyone every "really" ready? But this experience was such a huge disappointment that it made me question whether I really wanted to have kids. Especially with the hours DH and I work. If I wasn't at work, I was at home with the girls. It was tiring tending to them... and they're 17! DH had it easy. He only saw them on the weekends. He works M-F 3-11pm, so he left for work right before the girls got home from school and by the time he came home, we were all asleep. I begged him to take them on the weekend. I dreaded waking up on the weekend... what kind of life is that? Obviously I wasn't happy with the situation either. DH tells me our kids will be different, because we will raise them the way we want. I see his point, but still I realized how much I enjoy my alone time. I dunno, maybe I'm just tired with the whole TTCing issue and it comes out this way but either way, I told hubby I'm not ready for TTC anytime soon.
Which brings me to a new subject. AF has finally arrived after CD253! What the what?! So what happened? Well first off, I didn't really miss it one bit. No worries on spotting, staining.... no having to buy pads and tampons for 8 months. No PMS, no menstrual cramps. Yeah, it was fun while it lasted but deep down inside I knew it wasn't right. But with no health insurance and keeping my mind busy with other things (and other people) I just didn't deal with it. Now that the girls are gone, I'm back on track with working out, and I've learned a new hobby in cooking (so now we don't eat out as much) I've decided to focus on me and my health. Especially when this phase of not wanting kids passes, I'm gonna want to jump back on that TTC train. So about 3 weeks ago I started back on Vitex and progesterone cream. I figured my PCOS was probably out of control and I needed a much needed visit from AF eventually. So I did a little research to refresh my memory on how to use Vitex and the cream as an aid in managing PCOS. I'm taking Vitex 2x a day and using 40mg of progesterone twice a day as well. Lo and behold 2 weeks later she makes a surprise visit. Score one for Mely! While off the vitex and progesterone during AF, I start to incorporate a daily cinnamon supplement as well. I've done the research and confident that the cinnamon will help in managing these health issues. I'm taking a 1000mg tablet twice a day. It's proven to help control blood glucose and insulin resistance... the major dilemma in PCOS. The vitex helps regulate menstrual cycles and the cream is used to help boost progesterone levels. These are all natural ways to maintain and regulate the female reproductive system so I'm hoping that with proper diet and exercise, I will soon be on my way to being PCOS-free. I guess in a way, I'm indirectly TTCing... lol. I just want to feel better and funny enough, I think it's working not only has AF come (I'm CD 14), but I feel more feminine... I feel like wearing makeup everyday.
That's about it. Not planning for much in 2014, just want to get healthier. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment