So someone actually replied to one of my Board posts on SparkPeople. She lives in Houston and is looking for a WL buddy. Here is my reply...
Hi Lisa,
My name is Mely. Nice to meet you and thanks for the reply. I too live in the NW area, near the horse racetrack, if you know where that is. So tell me a little about your goals. I've been on and fallen off the wagon a few times now. I've tried multiple diets including the Master Cleanse, being vegitarian, cutting out sweets, Quick Weigh Loss Centers, counting calories, etc. I've had the most success with QWLC, but it gets very expensive and when I couldn't afford it anymore, I quit and let myself go and unfortunately gained all my weight back. I work in the medical field so I know the problems that come along with obesity, plus I have a family history of diabetes so that's always a concern for me. As of right now, I am not diabetic. I get myself checked out annually for it, cuz it's always on the back of my mind. More recently, my husband and I have been trying to conceive our first baby and so far have no luck. I've always known it would probably be difficult since my menstrual cycles are irregular and my weight is probably the main cause for that. My doctor told me that the best thing to do was lose weight. It's very sad and frustrating knowing that I'm probably the cause of our infertility and I'm intent on losing this weight forever. I also want to set an example for my family (my parents are overweight and so is my husband) and my future children. I've been overweight my entire life so I know the emotional, social, and physical hardships that come along with being a "fat" girl and I don't want my kids to go through that.
So my plans right now include changing my eating habits for good. I'm watching my calorie intake and exercising on a regular basis. I'm not at all athletic, so I'm starting out small. Just doing workout videos at home at monitoring my heart rate so that I can keep track of the calories I burn. I'm starting my 3rd week, and I've already lost over 7 lbs! I'm so happy.... my goal is to lose 2-3 lbs a week. I watch The Biggest Loser every week and it helps keep me motivated. I wish I could lose the big numbers that the contestants do, but then I realize I'm doing small steps and there's no Bob Harper around to help me get my ultimate burn. LOL, plus I'm learning to eat healthy so this is all still very new to me. I wasn't exactly very fond of vegetable or cooking :) But I'm slowly learning to enjoy it. And now that hubby wants to plant a fruit and vegetable garden, I am even more excited.
So that's a little about me. Hope it wasn't too long. My goal is to lose 120 lbs and 7 of those are gone! Hope we can keep each other motivated and accountable. So hope to hear from you soon.
-Mely
************************
I've lost 4 POUNDS this week! so excited! I thought this was gonna be a tough week since I missed 2 workout days and I had sushi yesterday. But I still lost and now I'm super motivated! That's a total of over 7 pounds in 2 weeks! Yee Haw!
No comments:
Post a Comment