So far so good. I've kept up with my calorie count and exercising twice a day. I'm feeling pumped and can't wait till Sunday when I weigh myself and take my measurements! I'm currently doing my own thing, but getting a little help from Spark People. It's a site that generates a weight loss plan for you, monitors your caloric intake and fitness regimen and gives you customized meal plans. It also has a community board where you can talk with other members. Right now, I'm burning more calories than I'm consuming, but this won't go on much longer since I read that can be bad for you. But since I'm staying within my calorie level, I'm not gonna worry about it now.
As far as what I'm eating, I'm going what with we have around the house. Since right now, we're pinching pennies since losing my job, I can't really use the meal plans that are generated for me on the website. That would mean buying alot more groceries than we need. And since I'm also trying my hand at couponing, we only really buy what's necessary or what we can get for cheap/free... so I have to work my diet around those circumstances. But it's working out so far. I know it's only week one, but I'm very optimistic.
Exercising has been quite a challenge... as always, but this time it's not finding the time or the motivation to do it. I have alot of time on my hands now, as well as the motivation. I'm really, really getting the baby itch and I don't have many more years to wait, especially with wanting to have as many kids as I want... the time to start is now. The challenge in exercising has been my stamina... meaning, I am REALLY out of shape and it's killing me. For some reason, my feet really hurt whenever I work out. I started noticing this last year when JC and I attempted the Couch to 2K program. Whenever we went to the track to walk/jog, my feet started killing me only a few minutes after starting. I thought it was just cuz I was wearing a new pair of tennis shoes. Wrong, they hurt even with my comfy, beat-up work sneakers. Then I thought it was cuz I was trying to run (something very new to me). Wrong again. They hurt even when I'm just doing aerobics... even doing lunges or something when I'm sort of stationary. It boggles my mind, but I'm trying to push past the pain. And now that I had my carpal tunnel surgery done 2 months back, my right hand is still healing and I can't do some of the floorwork exercises that I want to try, like push-ups, kneeling leg lifts, side planks, and various yoga positons. It's very frustrating. It hurts when I put any weight on my right palm, since the incision site is still sore, and my wrist is still weak, so any I can't bear very much weight on it. One last thing that is very frustrating is my lower back pain. Now this is nothing new, nor is it anything that bothers me on a daily basis. However, I've always had this pain/sensitivity on my lower back right above my coccyx area. It's hard to lay flat on my back on hard surfaces. It's also hard to do abdominal floor work where you put any pressure in that area (i.e. sit-ups, sitting "V", reverse crunches). It's just alot of pain in that area and even though I use padding to support that area, it's still kind of difficult. Other than those issues, my workouts have been great. I've been using my heart rate monitor (HRM) to track my minutes, heart rate, and calories burned and it's been a great tool. I can input my actual calories burned every work out. So far, I've just been using various workout videos, Zumba youtube videos, and Wii dance games to get my exercise in. And it's been fun to do it in the comfort of my own home. I'm hoping to lose at least 10 lbs these 1st two weeks.
Now to on to a different update. Aunt Flo came for a visit last night. I hadn't seen her since September, and believe it or not I was starting to miss her. I got a prescription for Medroxyprogesterone from the midwife 2 weeks ago and started taking it for 10 days. Going past 90 days with no menstrual period is bad especially when not pregnant or taking any BC pills. My obesity makes me irregular and it's the main reason why we haven't gotten pregnant to date. The RX helps shed the lining of my uterus and makes me have a faux period of sorts (it's a little more complicated than that, of course) and once I start my period, I can start monitoring my cycles and BBT once again. In 12 days, I will re-start the natural Progesterone creame twice a day which will help regulate my cycle. I use it for 26 days then stop 7 days, and repeat this cycle. It's kind of like the pill but without the pregnancy protection... LOL. So of course my period has been really heavy since starting, but I'm hoping it won't last long since I've got a birthday to prepare for :) Tomorrow I will start my ovulation charting again on Fertility Friend... which has been another great tool in getting ready for baby-making. So here's to healthy living and getting knocked up sometime later this year! Cheers!




No comments:
Post a Comment