Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Busy Weekend

So, I know I haven't blogged in a few weeks and it's kind of bittersweet.  Mostly I've been preoccupied with getting the house together for the students in a few months and working on lesson plans for the new class I'm teaching this summer.  I figure the busier I am, the less I worry about TTC.  I still get a little choked up thinking about not getting PG, but I try not to think about it.

This weekend was a busy one.  Hubby took vacation from work to relax.  He's been stressed out with balancing school and a full time job.  Plus Saturday was his birthday, so it was a bday present to himself not to think about work.

Friday, we took the big plunge. We both got drastic haircuts. Hubby had been growing his hair out since we got married two and a half years ago. I've haven't had a major haircut since 2007. We both decided to get our locks chopped off. Each of us donated 12 inches to Locks of Love. The change was refreshing, but I'm still getting used to having short hair. So far we've both gotten lots of compliments.





Friday night, my best friend drove in from out of town and came to stay the weekend with us.  We have a mutual friend that was having a baby shower, which she came into town for.  Plus she runs a photography business on the side and had some photo sessions booked over the weekend.  She came in late Friday night, so I only was able to stay up a few minutes to greet her, congratulate her on her pregnancy and then I was off to bed.  We were both busy during the weekend, so other than the shower we didn't get to spend alot of time together.

Saturday was super busy for me.  Good thing I took the day off from work.  That afternoon, one of my good friends I've known since high school was having her baby shower.  This is her 2nd baby.  This was also the 2nd baby shower I've been to this year.  I actually handled it better than I thought I would.  I think keeping myself busy with activities and conversation helped. Then the inevitable questions popped up a couple of times... When am I gonna start having kids?.... When am I going to start thinking about planning a family?  Oh if only they knew.  Soon I hope.  We've been trying.  I don't know, but we're having fun practicing.  All answers I instinctively reply with. Thankfully, I survived baby shower #2.  It wasn't that bad considering that 4 of my friends attending were pregnant, including the celebrated mother to be.  I did get that "whoosh" of sadness towards the end when I let it all settle in, especially when finally alone in my car.  I was just happy to finally come home to hubby, where I only had a few moments to catch a power nap.  Then we were off to celebrate his birthday.

I had plans to surprise hubby on his bday even before my party was planned last month.  I wanted to do something special for him, since he's been so supportive of me these days.  I was pretty much able to pull it off without a hitch.  DH only suspected something a few hours before it went down.  So first on the itinerary was a dinner, where I invited a few family and friends to surprise hubby.  We arrived just as scheduled, 30 minutes after everyone else was scheduled to arrive.  Hubby knew we were on our way to a restaurant since I played it off that I was treating him to a bday dinner.  We got there and everyone was gathered to shout SURPRISE!  Hubby was indeed surprised.  He didn't expect alot of people to show up, but in fact we had a nice turnout.  Dinner was yummy, but unfortunately the service sucked.  They took everyone's order at different times so some people were getting their food while others were barely ordering.  Then some people had finished their dinner and a few of us had yet to even receive our plates.  So we decided to do the cake while we waited for our food.  I got hubby his favorite... German Chocolate cake.  We finally got our food.  By then some of the guests who had finished their food and needed to leave early, said their goodbyes.  We were still finishing up eating.  Then served cake to those who had yet to eat dessert.  DH took a couple of shots
and was enjoying himself.  Then during conversation someone mentioned the Harlem Shake.  I remembered that I had specifically downloaded an app for this day to create this viral video trend.  Hubby loves this dance... don't ask why.  LOL.  So I got everyone together (or at least those willing to partake) and we recorded our own version.  It was so much fun and hubby really enjoyed making it.

 
 
Our night ended at a local bar that a friend introduced me to a few weeks ago.  I really liked the ambience, drinks, and decor so I wanted to have us end the night there.  Friends joined us there as well and we finished the night there.  Hubby really enjoyed his drinks and managed to make it home before getting sick.  Great.... I had to end up taking care of him.  But it was worth it to see him have so much fun.  I'm so glad family and friends were able to join us that night.
 
Sunday we woke up late.  Our houseguests had to leave early.  So they were nice enough to lock up and let us sleep in.  Sunday we just relaxed and watched movies.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell.  We are still TTC.  I have yet to ovulate and now just awaiting AF.  I'm still doing acupunture and manipulation.  No luck.  If anything, I've only gained weight.  :(  I need to get back to the gym... why oh why can't I muster the motivation?  No other updates to report on.

3 comments:

  1. I love the new haircuts! You guys look great.

    Congrats on handling the baby shower so well, I attended one this weekend too and they can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had two baby showers to go to, as well. So, I know how you feel! I love the haircuts. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you guys look great!! I have decided to swear off baby showers after I cried in the bathroom half the time at this last one. Good for you for making it through.

    ReplyDelete