Yes, you read right. It's CD 6 for me and that's kind of bittersweet. It's been two months since I've been off of fertility meds and one month since I've been doing acupuncture and taking Vitex. So that means AF come all on her own. Like I said, bittersweet. Either way, I'm still excited that things have seemed to regulate. I'm hoping it will stay like this for a while. I still have yet to ovulate and since being off the meds these two cycles I've had since then, I still have had no clear ovulation pattern. BOOOO :( Then, about a week and a half ago, I called to refill my thyroid meds, metformin and dostinex (all meds my doc put me on while TTC). Turns out they couldn't refill two of them because I'm due for my yearly check up (well woman exam). I still have no insurance since getting laid off in December so this was a bummer. I had been paying cash for my meds since January and it was burning a hole in my pocket. Now adding the expenses of a well woman exam and labwork and I just thought "Nevermind". I'm hoping this new natural treatment will work. The 3rd med, dostinex, that my doc prescribed for my elevated levels of prolactin costs $146 for 4 pills! I was like, "No thanks, put it back on the shelf." So now I'm completely out of ALL my meds and going AU NATURAL, so to speak. LOL. I still am taking the Vitex one to two times a day, my prenatal vitamins and DHA daily, and acupuncture 2-3 times a week. So I'm trying to stay hopeful and optimistic. I had a short cycle this time, so maybe that's something good.
March is a busy month for me and my family. We have 5 birthdays, literally weeks from each other. My niece bday is March 2, DH is March 9, my sister's is March 16, my mom's is March 23 and my MIL is March 24. So this past weekend, we celebrated my sister's 31st birthday. You know, it's funny how you try to find the positives in IF. This month was one of those times I was actually glad I wasn't PG. I know I may have been taking advantage of the situation a little, but who wouldn't if you were in my shoes. I've been drinking every weekend and this past one was no exception. I actually may have drank more than I should have, but I'm glad I didn't get wasted. I told hubby that I was making up for lost time from last weekend since I had to be DD for his bday. Then with the rodeo in town, friends visiting, catching UFC fights, I'm not surprised that I'm enjoying this barren womb. LOL. Sorry.. a bit of sick IF humor there for you. Plus tomorrow I'm off, so I'll prob be drinking tonight and then DH and I are going to the Maroon 5 concert with my BFF and her hubby. And BFF is preggers, so that just means I have to drink for the both of us... hahahaha. Anyways, as you can see March has been pretty exciting social-wise for us.
But being social also comes with its downfalls. I'm still having to explain to friends why we haven't had kids. I'm actually to the point where I just throw it out there about our IF, even to acquantainces. I'm tired of the excuses, of sugar coating our situation. I just put it out there and though the conversation can get kind of awkward, at least maybe they can stop asking. Is it wrong that I get a kick out of it... making it awkward for them? Our conversation will go something like this...
Them: "Hey long time no see. How are you?"
Me: "Good. You?"
"Same here. You know, same old same old. How is married life treating you? How's JC?"
"We're both good. Still working, he's in school now, so he's trying to balance the two. And how's the hubby and the kids?"
"We're good, hubby is still working at the same company. Kids are growing fast. Speaking of, when are you gonna start your family? Have you started thinking about babies yet?"
"Oh, why yes! It's been about what.... two and half years we've been trying? Yeah, it's been a little difficult. Believe me we want kids, it's just that infertility sucks."
"Honey, just relax it will happen" OR "Oh sweetie, stop trying so hard, you're just stressing yourself out." OR "Well it's good that you have this time for yourself right now. Kids/Babies are alot of work." OR "God knows when it's your time. Don't worry about it. He'll bless you when you're ready."
"Well actually I have a medical condition called PCOS and I'm not able to get pregnant without medical intervention. We've been through some treatments already but no luck so far. Like I said, difficult but we are definately hopeful." (Some people I even delve a little more information on what it is. That my ovaries don't work right, that I have hormonal issues, etc.)
"Okay.... um, well I'll keep you in my prayers." Or suddenly they get a text or they hear their kid calling for them, or they need to be somewhere soon or any other reason. Some will even ask if we've tried fertility meds? (Ummmm.... Hello? I said we've been through some treatments.) IVF? (we don't have that kind of money right now. do you? snarky, i know... lol) adoption? (nothing against this but since i'm being snarky... oh, why didn't I think of that? your right it is alot cheaper... NOT! or oh, I didn't think about that, I guess that is better than having to carry your own child or having a child you both created that shares your DNA... who needs that... sooo overated....) keeping your legs up? doing a handstand? being on top? being on bottom? letting him stay in there as long as he can? (yes, yes, yes, yes, and oooh why didn't I think of that? YES! I guess they missed the part where I said that I have a medical condition. Oh well.)
Anyways, off my soapbox. Just went off a little tangent there. My rant is over.
So where was I?.... Oh yeah, so being in social situations can be a little awkward. This weekend I found out that 2 other friends are pregnant. All news via Facebook. And just when I thought I could handle hearing these announcements, I find myself crumbling. Third announcement this month and we're not even at then end of March! I guess we weren't the only ones who got busy on Valentine's Day. It was too much and I made the decision to deactivate my account. I've heard of other gals TTC who did this for the very same reason, and now I completely understand. Kudos for doing it sooner :)
So that's that for now. We'll see what this next month brings. Maybe without FB now, I can dedicate more time to working on course development for my summer class. I've been procrastinating. And hopefully burying myself in work can take my mind off TTC for a bit. I think I'm going to take a break from temping this month too. I need to hide my thermometer.

No comments:
Post a Comment