Monday, February 4, 2013

My Birthday Weekend A-Z

A rundown of my birthday weekend from A-Z, you ready???

A is for alcohol, which I had a lot of on Saturday night. I don't like drinking heavily since I'm sort of a "light weight", but I was throwing back drinks and shots like I was back at a college frat party. I didn't get sick wasted, but I'm still disappointed in myself. I hate getting drunk. I can't even remember part of the night. :(

B is for basketball.  DH and an old friend of mine surprised me with tickets to the Houston Rockets game Saturday evening.  I was a wonderful gift.  I hadn't been to a professional basketball game in years.  I had so much fun!

C is for camera.  I'm glad I decided to take my camera for my bday festivities.  Turns out my phone died early on in the night so I had to use my camera to capture the moment.  Then I thought I lost it when I woke up the next day, since it wasn't in my purse.  Turns out one of my friends had it and dropped it off at my sister's the next day.  I wonder what kind of pics are on it.  LOL.

D is for dinner.  DH "surprised" me with an early dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  I know he wanted it to be a surprise, but my sister accidentally spilled the beans last weekend.  So I kind of knew he was planning some sort of dinner.  My food wasn't that great, which was odd since I really like the food at this particular restaurant.  But having my family and friends there with me was the best part.  I had fun and enjoyed our dinner conversation and laughs.  Then they surprised me with a cake and singing to me as I wore a celebratory mariachi hat.

E is for eye makeup, which I was rockin'!  I don't wear makeup very often, but when I do, I like to get creative with my eyes.  I was wearing a turquoise colored blouse and accessories and decided to incorporate that color scheme into my makeup.  It was fun applying it.  I guess that satifies the artist in me.

F is for family & friends.  I really enjoyed celebrating my bday with my family and friends.  They were with me the whole weekend from the early dinner, to the basketball game, to drinks at the bar.

G is for girlfriends.  Some of my girlfriends couldn't make it this weekend to my bday festivities for which I understood their reasons.  So we've made it a point to do a girls' night out weekend sometime soon.  I love my girls!

H is for hungover, which is how I woke up Sunday morning.  I hadn't had one in a couple of years.  I hate the feeling.  It wasn't too bad, but I definately had one.

I is for interview. I had an interview this past Friday at one of the local hospitals, and it went really well.  I had a feeling I nailed it.  The department head and recruiting advisor were super nice and we got along really well.  I just got a call this moring and found out I've been hired!  It's part-time work and will mesh well with the schedule I have now.  I'm excited to start!

J is for jacket, which I'm so happy I did not need this weekend. Texas weather can get kind of crazy, but the weekend weather was so nice. I didn't even need an umbrella. Who knew February could bring such nice weather here?  It usually is super cold and freezes this time of year. And of all days, it usually snows around my birthday other years. So yes, this was a very pleasant surprise.

K is for kiss cam.  No we didn't make an appearance on the jumbotron.  But it always makes me smile to see couples kiss on camera.  Some ladies even kiss their babies before their guy... awww.

L is for love.  I love my husband so much.  He wrote this wonderful message on facebook to me for my birthday and posted it as his status.  What a wonderful way to make a girl feel loved <3

M is for margaritas, which was my drink of choice when starting my bday festivities.  I had a jumbo margarita at dinner and one at the game.

N is for nails.  I treated myself Saturday afternoon to a french manicure.  Hey a girl needs a little pampering every once in awhile. Sometimes I forget to set aside some time to relax and do something just for me that makes me feel all girly. It was nice.

O is for OPKs.  I started POAS and so far all negative.  But it's still really early.  I'm just excited that my temperatures have been pretty stable since I started temping at the same time.  I just have to keep reminding myself to check CM.  Why, oh why is that so hard to remember?

P is for powder.  White baby powder to be exact.  My sis and BIL, surprised me with a bday prank Saturday night.  DH and I got home from the bar to find my black car covered in baby powder, confetti, colored streamers, and glow sticks.  They had also wrote bday messages on my windows with shoe polish and tied birthday balloons to my side view mirrors.  Since I was inebriated, I didn't remember until the following morning when I woke up and went outside and saw it in it's full glory.  The best part was cleaning it up.  The wonders DH could do with a leaf blower and water hose... LOL.

Q is for quality time.  I spent alot of quality time with those most important in my life.  I love that DH took the time to plan this day for me, and I have to give him props for pulling it off successfully.

R is for Rockets and Ravens winning! I'm not a huge Ravens fan, but they were the underdog in the game, so that was fun to watch.  And of course, I got nothing but love for my local sports teams.  The Rockets beat the Charlotte Bobcats 109-95.  Go Rockets!

S is for Super Bowl.  San Fransisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens.  We were invited to one of DH's co-worker's house Sunday for SB.  We were both really tired from Saturday night's festivities, so both of us were nodding off occasionally.  Then drama broke out at the party and two girls there started fighting so we took it as a chance to get out of there.  No point in us sticking around to see the aftermath.

T is for text messaging, which I got lots of on Saturday wishing me a Happy Birthday.  I also got lots of messages on Facebook.  It's nice to know so many people care.

U is for UFC.  I love watching UFC and coincidentally enough, the bar we ended up going to that night was hosting the fights.  What a great way to end my birthday night!

V is for vodka.  Grey Goose gotcha girl feeling loose.  Aint that the truth?  Yeah, I had alot of vodka this weekend.  Hey they offered... they said anything you want to drink.  So I stuck with top shelf all the way.  Grey Goose and cranberry cocktails.  Patron shots.  No wonder I was gone.

W is for wings.  You can't have Super Bowl without eating buffalo wings, right?  The food at DH's friends SB party was yummy!  Not only did she serve wings, but she also had spicy green beans w/potatoes, mac n cheese, and beef & cheesy nachos.  The nachos were delicious!

X is for eXcited!  Which is how I felt all weekend long.  Never a dull moment, that's for sure.

Y is for YOLO.  You only live once.  Yeah, I had a crazy weekend and maybe drank more than I should have.  But I look at it like this, I may not be able to do this again for awhile.  Perhaps next year I'll be PG or even better, maybe I'll be breastfeeding this time next year.  So I ran with it.  LOL.

Z is for "zee end" (in a French accent, lol).

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think that there was nothing planned, seems like an awesome bday to me, sorry i missed it! see you for dessert date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute idea. Glad you ended up having a good birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a blast and weren't disappointed with what jc had planned, I know you mentioned being worried about his party planning skills in your other post. I think you needed to let loose and have fun :-) sorry I couldn't be there to join in on the fun, in a side note did you know they sell strips to test breast milk for alcohol, I think I'll make use of those lol I've been having dreams about drinking, alcoholic much ?

    ReplyDelete