Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cervical Dilation

So I went to my appt last week to have my cervix dilated.  I was kind of nervous, especially since I was there by myself.  JC was at school.  Procedure only took like five minutes and it wasn't painful at all, just uncomfortable and I had no problems or side effects afterwards.  The doctor came in to do the procedure and then spoke to me briefly afterwards.  He basically explained that the purpose of the procedure was to allow a bigger opening in my cervix for the sperm to get in and hopefully increase my chances of getting KU.  Then he also explained that my weight would still be an issue we would need to work on since it could still pose a problem while going through IF treatment.  He suggested I work on losing weight while TTC.  I told him that it's something I've been working on.  He also suggested I meet with Trudy again.  She's the fertility specialist I saw last time who diagnosed the PCOS.  He wants me to proceed with the IUI procedure should this cycle with the clomid not work.  I'm excited, but still kind of hoping it works for us on this first cyle.  I'm currently on my fourth day of clomid.  I'm supposed to meet with her tomorrow, Monday and it's kind of last minute.  My appt will be at 3pm which means I will have to come up with some reason to miss work without using any of my PTO hrs.  I hope the doc is cool with me leaving work early.  Just wanted to give a quick update.

Also, check out this video I made with the hubby the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment